Wednesday, May 11, 2011

CUTTING THE FAT!

So I have decided to cut the "fat" from my life. You say, what does that look like? Well, for starters, I took myself off of Facebook about 4 weeks ago. I felt it was such a time sucker in my life and then I would be so in to what everyone else was saying or doing that I was forgetting that I had a life that already had enough going on and I didn't need to add anymore emotion to it.
You see, I enjoy catching up with old friends or even friends that don't live close to me. I love seeing pictures of their families or places that they have visited, but it all just was not contributing to my family or my work. It was a plain waste of my time during the day!
I decided that I was going to use my time, you know the time that flies by each day, wisely! I have been feeling like I should give up Facebook for quite some time, but couldn't release it. Kinda of like when you know you need to work out, but you keep eating bad stuff anyways.
So, off with the "fat" in my life!

I do feel somewhat "out of the loop" but I am surviving.... here is what I have been doing without sitting in front of my laptop reading everyones status updates.
- All my laundry is caught up!
- My house has stayed clean or neat more!
- My day runs a lot smoother.
- I have had more time to spend talking to my children, imagine that!
- I have read more books.
- I have a quiet lunches with me and my thoughts and talking to God about my day!

The list goes on.......
I guess the point is that I was filling my time with unnecessary things and information in my life and I need to cut back. Sometimes, it's good to take a time out!

Another way, I am cutting "the fat" is just trying to pull back on activities that I or my children are involved in. I really feel we run all the time. Sometimes we literally walk in the door only to drop our things and pick up things for the next event. I really want to enjoy my kids because they are growing so fast, and running constantly is making time fly by way too quickly!
I am so bad at over committing me or my family to things, but I am learning as I am aging that I just can't keep up. I would love to do everything and have my kids doing all the sports and school activities, but now we are picking and choosing what is best for our family and learning that family time is most important!

I am looking forward to summer to have good quality family time with little running around and being on a schedule, oh I can't wait!

Maybe I can cut some "real fat" out of my life by taking lots more bike rides and family walks/runs.


1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I was looking for you on FB and I was like "OMG! She hates me"! Then I remembered you had this blog! Whew! Eddie told me you called the other day, but I really was in the shower! Unfortunately, he told me you called waaaay after I got out of the shower and by that time, it was like 10pm. One thing just lead to another and I forgot to call you back. Sorry--I totally dropped the ball on that one! Would love to catch up soon!
    -Toni

    ReplyDelete