Friday, January 14, 2011

A New Season In My Life

So here I go again into the blogging world, only this time it will be a lot different! You see what a year 2010 was for me personally and I feel I have to accept my new "normal" in my life. My new "normal" consists of having to accept that my dad and brother are no longer apart of this world but with their heavenly father. Oh, I am happy for them but very sad for myself that they are not around to talk to or laugh with or share ideas and dreams and everyday occurrences with. I feel I have taken people for granted in the past, and now know to cherish the moments that I am given and tell people what they mean to me when I am thinking about it instead of waiting until the next time. I feel lately there has been so much piling up on plate that it is sometimes so hard to see past the mess to what God is weaving into my life, by allowing Him to have full control.
The title of my blog is what I want this year to look like for me! I believe God has been telling me this for years, yet I refuse to listen. Let me just put it to you this way..... I AM SCARED OF JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING! Here are some of the things that terrify me. Planes, I HATE to fly and feel so envious of my friends that can just get on a plane and go anywhere. Elevators, I can't stand elevators because I am so scared of getting stuck and not being able to get out. The list goes on and on, but those have to be at the top. Those fears may not be great to you, but I think about doing something or going somewhere if I have to use either one of those things. So this year I have decided that I am going to face my fears head on and have God take the reins, not me!
I feel if I blog about not living in fear, I can look back and see how far I will hopefully have come. So if you want you can come along for the ride and pray for me as I conquer these strongholds in my life.

In Isaiah 43:1-4 (MSG) it says "Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine. When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end - Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you...! THAT's how much you mean to me! THAT's how much I love you!

You know I have two sets of eyes on me at all times, and my children need to see that their mom can do anything because I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and will not leave me, even when I am scared.
The one thing I can say I have learned from my dad and brother's death is that I am NO LONGER scared of death! I have had to face it and although it is hard and will continue to be hard to accept, I know it's not the end, it is only a new beginning!

5 comments:

  1. Good post, Sommer! I know you've had a really tough year, but your positive outlook is really encouraging to everyone! Thanks for the reminder to live each day to the fullest. And thanks for coming back to the blogging world:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you. Words well chosen and looking forward to watching you develop this new attitude. You're awesome, I'm a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, you've got a sweet husband and secondly, I'm proud of you for having the courage to blog about your fears. You ARE an encouragement and I think as you you keep giving these fears to the Lord, you'll look back on this and be really amazed at how far the Lord has brought you. Keep it up Sommer! And yes, I'm glad you're back in the blogging world too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome and brave of you Sommer. I really miss you during our retreats and get togethers.

    ReplyDelete